[scribus] Scribus for phone books?

Peter Nermander peter at nermander.se
Sun Jul 22 07:15:20 UTC 2018

> > Scribus does not have anything built in for such tasks, you would have to
> > script it. Thus it is not something Scribus excels at.
>
> That’s a weird conclusion.

Why is it weird?

If you have to write a script for the task, it means Scribus does not excel
at it. The result will depend on the script, not on Scribus.

I am not saying it can't be done in Scribus, I am saying it will take a lot
of manual work. If you don't know anything about Python it will likely take
you more time to learn to write the script than doing the phone book in a
program that already has built in support for catalogs.

/Peter