[scribus] Scribus for phone books?

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Fri Jul 20 23:59:02 UTC 2018

> Gesendet: Freitag, 20. Juli 2018 um 17:26 Uhr
> Von: "Matt Hixson" <matthixson at actionmediaplus.com>
> An: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Betreff: [scribus] Scribus for phone books?
>
> Hello Scribus users. I'm wondering if there is anyone out there using
> Scribus for creating phone books, both white and yellow pages. Is that
> the type of task that Scribus excels at or should I continue looking for
> something else?
>   Basically I'm looking for something that can take a directory of
> business/people phone numbers and addresses and graphics files for ads
> and do pagination of that data into a telephone book format.
>   Thanks,
>    -Matt

Hi Matt,

Scribus can easily do this for you if you use the scripting engine and write the necessary code (in Python) yourself or pay someone who can do this for you. An entry point might be the colour chart script: http://www.freiefarbe.de/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/colorchart_generic.zip

HTH,
Christoph