[scribus] Columns of unequal widths?

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Jul 13 01:24:08 UTC 2018

On 07/12/2018 08:23 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> Scribus 1.5.3 on Xubuntu 16.04, from AppImage.
>
> I created a text frame with two columns, and I am sitting here stumped.
> How can I make the left column narrower than the right column? I can
> do it in LO Writer, but not in Scribus?

As far as I know, it's not possible. What you can do is to make two text
frames and link them. To make it somewhat easier, make the left one
first, then using Item > Duplicate/Transform > Multiple Duplicate, set
it for 2 columns, one row, and set the horizontal gap as desired, click
Ok, then widen the one on the right as desired.

It's also worth knowing that, if your columns will fill to the margins,
you can start by selecting to create a text frame, then hold down Shift
and click inside the margins. A frame will be created to fill to the
margins. Reduce the width of that for your left frame, then proceed with
the multiple duplicate as above.

If you'll have multiple pages like this, just make copies of the page
and link afterward.

Greg