[scribus] {Spam?} how to empty an image frame please

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Jan 16 15:01:20 UTC 2018

On 01/16/2018 06:41 AM, Sveinn í Felli wrote:
> Þann þri 16.jan 2018 10:09, skrifaði ZASKE Martin
>> How can I elegantly and quickly remove an image from an image frame,
>> while keeping all the rest:
>>
>> - position and size of frame
>> - colours
>> - Line settings
>> - image properties re scaling, position in frame, rotation
>> - my notes for suitable images (stored in attributes)
>
> My guess:
>
> Right-click on image-frame, choose 'Content' --> 'Get Image...'

I think what he wants is to empty the frame. This is a little tricky.
It's easy enough to right-click on the frame and select Content > Clear.
You will then have the frame at its size and location, line settings and
so on, but not the scaling, rotation, etc.

You can choose in Preferences whether to have images scaled to frame as
the default when they are loaded, but this won't help all situations.

However, I would try this:

Start with your frame with image, and all settings as you want.
Now replace this image (Content > Get Image) with some arbitrary image,
maybe just a blank image of some arbitrary color.
Don't make any changes in settings -- your blank image should retain all
the settings from the previous actual image.

You shouldn't need to have more than one kind of blank image, regardless
of the size of the frames or the settings.

I don't know about the notes part. One option would be to create a
Caption using the script, then when you use the template delete the
caption frame. The other possibility is to make the caption
non-printing, so that it shows in Scribus but not in the final PDF. It
would be cool if there was a Scripter command to make a non-print
setting for a frame, but I don't find it.

Greg