[scribus] Error when running 'bcaption.py' with create caption modification

David Danforth daviddanforth at fastmail.fm
Mon Jan 8 18:10:47 UTC 2018

First, to Gregory Chapman:  Thanks for your series of scripts for
creating captions.  I am finding them very useful indeed!

Second to GC or anyone who might know the answer:  When I run
'bcatpion.py with the create caption modification the following error
message is returned:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 8, in <module>
File "C:\Program Files\Scribus
1.4.6\share\scripts\Caption_bottom_styled.py", line 58, in <module>
scribus.createCharStyle("captionchar",font= "Liberation Serif Italic",
fontsize=10.0, fillcolor=1) TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string
or buffer, int found
I do not have a "Caption" style created.  I am running Scribus 1.4.6 on Windows 10.

Thanks for your help.