[scribus] Using the Dropshadow Feature

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Feb 28 21:57:21 UTC 2018

On 02/28/2018 01:03 PM, David Burleigh wrote:
> On Wed, 2018-02-28 at 12:44 -0500, Gregory Pittman wrote:
>> On 02/28/2018 11:43 AM, David Burleigh wrote:
>>> I'm trying to use the dropshadow feature to put a white blur
>>> behind
>>> black text so as to make it more readable when superimposed on an
>>> image that isn't generally light enough to give sufficent contrast
>>> the black text, but also not dark enough to make white text stand
>>> out.
>>> So I set the offset to 0 in both directions and the blur at .2
>>> inches.
>>> The effect is almost what I'm looking for, but white blur is not
>>> white
>>> enough, and I can't find a setting to strengthen it. Is there a
>>> better
>>> way to accomplish this effect?
>>
>> If you're using a true white, then it's the background image that's
>> the
>> problem.
>>
>> Greg
>>

>> ___
>> Scribus Mailing List: scribus at lists.scribus.net
>> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
>> See also:
>> http://wiki.scribus.net
>> http://forums.scribus.net
>
> Well, it's the white from the menu in the dropshadow section. Is there
> no way to make the white blur effect more dense?

In your case, you may want to go with the old "shadowed text" feature.
You might at least try it out.

In Text Properties, go to Color and Effects, and after selecting the
text, click the right-most button for Shadowed Text. Click-hold to
change its settings. The color of the shadowed text is the middle
drop-down button for color.

Greg

The other thing to try is reduce the drop shadow blur even further.

Greg