[scribus] Text styles

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Feb 10 15:39:58 UTC 2018

On 02/10/2018 09:52 AM, Paul Deverson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Scribus and wonder whether it's possible to create a text
> style from some already formatted text rather than creating the style
> and then applying it to text?

The short answer is no.
This has been brought up a number of times, and would indeed be a nice
feature.
Looking at Scripter commands, there just aren't enough pieces there to
create anything substantial. You have access to font, font size, font
color and shading, linespacing, and linespacing mode, but that's about
it, and not nearly enough to make this scriptable.

One thing you can do and is worth thinking about is that you can import
text styles from some other document. They might even be blank documents
except for the styles. If there are certain combinations of style
features you use quite a bit, this can be worth it even if you might
have to slightly modify them after import.

Generally speaking, this is a good reason to get into the habit of
creating styles when you work, so that first of all, you become familiar
with the mechanics of how to do it, but also so that you develop a trove
of styles in old documents you can use again.

Greg