[scribus] text not printing

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Thu Feb 8 16:23:14 UTC 2018

Dear list,

I am always using/testing the latest Scribus for smaller projects. At
the moment I run scribus-1.5.4.svn-snapshot-180119-x64.exe on a fully
updated Windows 10 64bit.

I noticed (also with the previous svn) that when exporting to PDF, all
my text does not show. Illustrations, frames etc. get exported all right.

I searched through the bug tracker and did not find this. So I am asking
here: Is there anything I need to know or do?

I have my layers visible and printable. Have used Scribus for years and
believe that "I am doing it right". When I open those files with 1.5.3
and export again to PDF, then all my text does get exported (but some
other details get messed up and need tweaking, like line-styles or colours).

This is maybe only happening when I work on older documents, which have
<SCRIBUSUTF8NEW Version="1.5.3"> near the top. Have not taken time to
test this a lot. But I would like to hear some ideas, whether just to
wait for a new svn or to go back to 1.5.3 entirely, or needing to
activate some new and less-obvious feature?

Thanks,

Martin