[scribus] LaTeX Render Frame error on export in 1.5.4 macOS

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Dec 28 22:51:06 UTC 2018

On 12/28/18 12:05 PM, John K. Parejko wrote:
> Thank you for checking.
>
> There is definitely something strange going on for me: I can add a new Render Frame to a new document, or to my existing one, and it will export fine. But if I resize the Render Frame to be more than about 4.8 inches tall (it doesn’t seem to be consistent), I get the “Failed to load an image” error. I can see the file in the location that Scribus claims it cannot load.
>
> Is there a way to get a running log of what external commands Scribus is running, their outputs, etc? I didn’t see a “verbose” mode when running from the terminal.

Hi John,

There may be a clue from what I did when I exported to the /tmp folder. It may be that Scribus doesn't have permission to delete from /tmp, that's why the .aux and .log files were there.

The other thing to check would be to run Scribus from a console. Often there is feedback there while processes are running.

Greg