[scribus] chain frames, "do not" link them

"Christoph Schäfer" christoph-schaefer at gmx.de
Wed Dec 19 01:47:12 UTC 2018

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2018 um 12:35 Uhr
> Von: "ale rimoldi" <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch>
> An: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Betreff: Re: [scribus] chain frames, "do not" link them
>
> p.p.s.: i've checked how it's called in the CSS3 regions proposal, a
> context that also has to avoid the confusion with the hypertext links:
> they're calling it "flow", with the verb "flow" and both nouns "flow"
> and (not as often) "chain".
>
> https://www.w3.org/TR/css-regions-1/
>
> in both the CSS and scribus context we would a confusion with the
> flowing around images... with the little advantage, that most of the
> time the two word will not be in the same context (at least not in the
> menus, since text flow is a text property and the the other flow a
> shape (item) one).
>
> ___

Hi Alessandro,

It would be helpful if you could rephrase both of your latest replies, because a) some operative (and grammatically necessary) words seem to be missing; b) sentences are unfinished; and c) you moved the goalposts by introducing several other terms.

Honestly, I'm struggling to make sense of these postings. More consistency would be helpful to frame the debate.

Christoph