[scribus] Scribus 1.5.4 Released

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Mon Apr 30 11:42:33 UTC 2018

Yes, do be pleased!

It is Monday where I am and I am downloading while I type this. 358
downloads over the first week-end and many might not even have seen the
announcement yet.

I cannot speak for all users, but I want to say thank you to the
developers and also to "translators, testers and contributors who helped
(us) with this release" as reminded by Christoph: Thank you guys!!!

Scribus has become such a great tool over the past few years. And so far
every new version has been truly better than the previous one. That is
not a given; some people call a previous version of Adobe Acrobat "the
last good one". So compliments for adding good features.

Just had some t-shirts printed end of last week. A rushed job to get the
artwork to the new workshop because of some non-technical deadline. I
was confident that Scribus can do separations, but had to google to find
where and how: The feature is not an option with the normal PDF-exports
which we use for 99% of our output. It is an option under the "normal"
print menu-entry, which we rarely use. Just saying: even being under
stress, I prepared the logo and text in Scribus before I even had found
how to make separations. I boldly assumed that such a fundamental
feature just HAD to be in Scribus - and I was right.

greetings and thanks Christoph for doing an awesome job with many PR
aspects of making Scribus known and appreciated,

Martin