[scribus] preflight verifier

Rolf-Werner Eilert rwe-sse at osnanet.de
Thu Sep 7 08:03:47 UTC 2017

> I am then forced to click "Ignore Errors" to move on with my PDF export.
> This feels stupid when there are no errors.
>

> This is the sort of behaviour which I struggle to explain, when I am
> trying to win new users. And it annoys me personally.
>
> Maybe it is meant as a feature, for professionals. It is confirming that
> there are indeed no errors. Then the button might be re-labelled for
> this case to say "Continue" or "Proceed with export".

There is one special program in our office which is doing such things
quite often - and it has been annoying from the first day we have used
it. In several dialog boxes, after some procedure has finished
successfully, the "Cancel" button doesn't change to "Close" for
instance, some dialogs even show the same caption for starting the
action. Very confusing for people not acquainted with the application.

In this case the question is, why showing the dialog at all when there
are no issues? If the dialog only pops up in case of any existing
issues, it might even gain more user attention than now. At least this
would be my reaction, as I tend to just clicking this dialog away ;)

Regards
Rolf