[scribus] Scribus 1.5.3 on Debian with Python 3

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Tue Oct 31 17:08:33 UTC 2017

On 28.10.2017 11:25, JLuc wrote:
> Le 27/10/2017 à 20:42, ZASKE Martin a écrit :
>
>> I have a few non-Scribus Python scripts to transmogrify certain texts
>> that we need to get in and out of certain tools a lot.
>> And I made a special colouring scheme for my preferred power editor, to
>> visually check typography, before(!) we put long texts into Scribus.
>
> I dont see precisely what you mean here.
> Can you elaborate on this : how do you create and use colors ?

Sorry, I was describing how I prepare texts before they go into Scribus:

That is why I wrote "non-Scribus scripts". Those are for my preferred
(text) editor where I can make custom colouring schemes for highlighting
almost anything I want (normally programming languages), so why not
faulty typography.

https://www.editpadpro.com/cscs.html    (here is a link, it might get
scrubbed, I am not affiliated, just a happy customer there)

The fact that I opt for colouring, rather than automatic "fixing" of
errors is that real texts carry many surprises. When an author uses
ellipsis and ending quotes and a question mark together or other rare
but allowed combinations, that would make very complex repair-scripts.
So I prefer to proof-read in person and have help with colouring, but
can override it any way I want.

I have to say that I developed this approach for a long children's book
which has very few chapters and not many styling complications; not much
emphasis, so I did not need to fight with styles and with spacing at the
same time. For more complicated documents, we might need to develop
something else - maybe trying LibreOffice and its tools.

I wonder how other users have organized their work flows.

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin
responsable GʊGʊ