[scribus] Scripter API setLineStyle()

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Thu Oct 19 19:47:26 UTC 2017

Hi list,

I am presently writing a new script for my wife who is taking a long
document from some other tool to Scribus.

It is looking good but I got stuck with the inbuilt API Help on one detail:

I am using the latest 1.5.4svn for Windows:

import scribus

scribus.setLineStyle(TableLineStyle)

gives me

NameError: name 'TableLineStyle' is not defined

since there is a mention in Help about predefined constants, I tried
those variations:

scribus.setLineStyle(LINE_TableLineStyle)

also gets me "not defined"

and even

scribus.setLineStyle(LINE_<TableLineStyle>)

gets me syntax error

When I look into my .sla file my line style is so defined:

        <MultiLine Name="TableLineStyle">
            <SubLine Color="blue" Shade="100" Dash="1" LineEnd="32"
LineJoin="128" Width="10" Shortcut=""/>
        </MultiLine>

We have specific technical reasons, why we do not want to hard-code the
LineWidth and LineColor etc. into the script, but rather leave the
styling to the user.

Sorry, I cannot read the source code, so I depend on the documentation
or your help,

thanks,

Martin

--