[scribus] path question for a script to find itself

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Wed Oct 18 15:07:48 UTC 2017

Thank you Juraj Fedel,

sys.path[0]

is exactly what I was looking for.

I estimate that I would have found this myself - in about just under 6
million days, by trying several ideas per hour.

Scripts are often "nothing special". But even within a project,
"branding" can help motivate or even avoid errors (because many TK GUI
windows look very much alike) and I don't want my team to process any
texts the wrong way around. So I am trying to make those windows a
little prettier and a little more distinct, using colours and visual
elements.

Other users want to try, just put something like this in your main()

where myicon is the  whatever.ico  including the entire path

root.iconbitmap(myicon)

Much appreciated,

Martin

--