[scribus] specialized tools versus the one big hammer...

JLuc jluc at no-log.org
Sun Oct 8 09:36:17 UTC 2017

Le 06/10/2017 à 14:30, ZASKE Martin a écrit :

> Yesterday, rather late, Scribus has tricked me. I had copied and pasted
> one small text-frame from another Scribus document and it destroyed my
> crossword-grid (same page, different layer, different style). Luckily I
> had zoomed so, that I caught it right away. (probably a bug, something
> to do with default-styles or whatever).

Probably.
It looks like https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=11814
one of the long standing MAB (most annoying bug) :

Importing some part of a scribus doc into another doc
(either with Page Import or with Copy'n'Paste)
doesnt manage conflicting styles well and it breaks destination document's layout.
All the more since all styles are imported, even when unused.

It requires to create a special version of the imported document before paste or import :
in this special version you ought to delete as many unused styles it is possible,
and rename the used one so they dont conflict with destination styles
- sometime it's very tricky to do -.

& Allways save before pasting/importing.

JL