[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 115, Issue 2

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Mon Oct 2 16:20:18 UTC 2017

Dear Håkan,

each job its tool:

For calculations and admin, nothing "wrong" with Calc. But for DTP we
want total control of Font-Size, Font-colours, kerning options,
line-spacing, underlying colours, different transparencies for
print-on-paper versus web-output, line-styles for the frames. So we are
using Scribus.

Good luck with using Calc for styling precise output.

And we want a document, which is "transparent" for our entire team, and
where we can fix small details to the last minute (sometimes when
recording the audio for a given page, we still realize that a tiny typo
has crept into our document; so if the entire document "is Scribus" then
the layouter can just go in and fix it).

You propose to make a crossword puzzle in LibreOffice Calc and then
what? Export to bitmap? Export to PDF or eps? Import as an "image"? If
you have established a well working work-flow, you are welcome to share it.

So far, I know what I want to do and I have done it this morning and it
is working fine. I was just asking a question about making an entire
batch of many tab stops in Scribus.

greetings,

Martin

--