[scribus] setting up toc

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Nov 19 20:47:06 UTC 2017

On 11/19/2017 01:46 PM, Elliott Alterman wrote:
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> ___
> Edit your options or unsubscribe:
> See also:
> http://wiki.scribus.net
> http://forums.scribus.net

Excuse my lack of knowledge.
          Trying to update a newsletter on Scribus
                1.4.6 that was set up some years ago
                  and I would like some guidance. Our shot at a TOC included
          structuring lines with built in tab spaces,
            dotted segments, etc.
            and I can't figure out how to adjust and add them nor have I
located
                anything in the WIKI that would point me at a source of
info.
Would someone please
                      recommend/identify how I might
                        locate such?
Thanks
Elliott

Hi Elliott,

First thing: send your emails in plain text, not HTML.

There is a minimal wiki article here:

https://wiki.scribus.net/canvas/Creating_a_Table_of_Contents

The business about tabs and fill characters like dots comes from
creating a paragraph style for your TOC, so you go to Edit > Styles and
create a paragraph style, maybe named TOC, with the appropriate tabs and
fill characters as desired, then apply it in Story Editor.

Greg