[scribus] another API question - quick one

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Nov 1 22:27:27 UTC 2017

On 11/01/2017 04:14 PM, ZASKE Martin wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> can I have access in the scripter API to the command which is here:
>
> Properties window,
>
> Transparency tab,
>
> Solid tab,
>
> Opacity (from 0 to 100%)
>

> I know about "import scribus",
> I just can not find the command in my help.

Hi Martin,

Something like this is going to be considered in the category of Set
Object Properties.

There are two commands:

setFillTransparency(transparency, [name]) and
setLineTransparency(transparency, [name])

I presume that transparency as a variable is a decimal (0.9 = 90%). You
only need to specify a name if it's not the selected object you're
operating on.

In the main window, when you set Fill transparency, you are also setting
the transparency of the content, text if a text frame, image if an image
frame, so presumably this works that way.

Greg