[scribus] Scribus 1.5.3 Release

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Mon May 29 14:49:55 UTC 2017

On 28.05.2017 10:49, Craig Bradney wrote:
> The Scribus Team is proud to announce the release of development release 1.5.3, another major step on the way to Scribus 1.6.0.

Awesome! Thank you Scribus Team, this is so much appreciated for our
language. Our combining diacritic tone-markers on top of our ten vowels
(two distinct groups of five) behave much better than on all the
previous versions. And I love the small improvements, like the separate
text-properties window.

A few weeks ago, I had boldly decided to start using 1.5.3svn for our
first-ever full size book. I had had a hunch, that even 1.5.3svn was
stable enough and now you gave confirmation that this new version - with
the all new text-engine - is no longer lab-stuff but has become a real
tool. I had worked with three different 1.5.3svn and never had any
crashes nor irregular behaviour.

I am convinced that many more minority languages can now start using
Scribus and that more users will mean (more questions on this list and)
more support for the entire Scribus idea. I will share this news with my
friends.

Well done!!!

Martin