[scribus] Markup support for the Story Editor

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Fri May 5 22:52:23 UTC 2017

> On 5 May 2017, at 22:51, JLuc <jluc at no-log.org> wrote:
>
> Le 04/05/2017 à 13:18, Craig Bradney a écrit :
>>> On 4 May 2017, at 13:02, JLuc <jluc at no-log.org> wrote:
>>> IMO, the old scribus-dedicated text format is not worth being updated
>>> when there are quasi-universal formats today.
>>> ale once began a markdown importer
>>> https://github.com/aoloe/scribus-plugin-gettext-markdown
>>> Such a goal is more future proof.
>
>> Supporting something like markdown would be nice, pity there is no standard though :(
>
> http://commonmark.org might fix that, isnt ?

Nopt, not really, its just another version that is still not a standard. It might be the right answer but its not the only Markdown answer sadly. There are other option but its not an easy choice.

>> I'm still looking around for a new format for Scribus documentation....
>
> HTML ?
> SLA ?

HTML is painful.. too much manual syntax and editors make a horrible mess of it.
SLA is more of an end format.

I’m looking for a more basic format that can be processed into HTML, possibly into MediaWiki formatting, and into others (that could include SLA).

Craig