[scribus] scribus Digest, Vol 108, Issue 28

Bertrand berteh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 28 22:13:42 UTC 2017

> Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 08:17:12 +0200
> From: "Christoph Schäfer" <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de>
> To: scribus at lists.scribus.net
> Subject: Re: [scribus] Scribus Generator: turn your data in beautiful
> documents

> Hi Berteh,
>

> Thanks a lot for your admirable work!
>
> I would even campaign for the inclusion of the script in a future Scribus
> version. However, I discern a few problems:
>

> 1) We want to get rid of Tk. Do you think you can reproduce this in PyQt?
>
> 2) It could be a bit more user-friendly ;)
>
> 3) What about offering ODS support? (Would be helpful in other fields,
> too!)
>
> 4) How can this be translated?
>

> Thanks again,
> Christoph

Hello Christoph.
Thanks for the kind words.

I'll have a look at PyQt. Is it well packaged and available for MacOSX?
That would be an additional point to motivate me as Tk is not. (issue: PyQt
GUI <https://github.com/berteh/ScribusGenerator/issues/75>)

Any suggestions to make it more use-friendly? is it a matter of GUI, or the
documentation, or the way variables are used, or what else? (issue: more
user friendly <https://github.com/berteh/ScribusGenerator/issues/76>)

ODS as in Libre/OpenOffice spreadsheet format? Why this one in particular?
... considering this particular software has a flawless csv export it's
really just a matter of clicking "save as" and picking the right format.
What "other fields" do you have in mind? (issue: ODS support
<https://github.com/berteh/ScribusGenerator/issues/77>)

Translation: no clue, not familiar with i18n in Python yet. Will look into
it too. (issue: translation
<https://github.com/berteh/ScribusGenerator/issues/78>)

Any help is welcome on those points for anyone interested.
Berteh.