[scribus] Exporting a graphic frame

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Tue Mar 28 00:21:03 UTC 2017

On 03/26/2017 11:06 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
> 1.5.2
>
> I have a PNG graphic in a frame.  Transparent background.  I then added
> a fill color to the frame.
>
> Is it possible to export this frame from the document as a JPG or other
> graphics format?  In this case, retaining transparency in not necessary.
>
> A web search came up empty for me.  :-(

Well, Ken, it's a bit hard to know how much work you are willing to do,
but this works:

Click on your graphic to select it.
Copy it (Ctrl+C)
Now create a new Custom document, with dimensions the same as your frame
-- if you have the Properties palette showing, you can read the values
from it to enter into the New Document dialog.
After creating the new document, paste (Ctrl+V) - you will need to align
the graphic with X-Pos, Y-Pos of 0,0.

Now you have your graphic-sized document, which you can save as an
image, export to PDF, whatever you want to do.

Greg