[scribus] Exporting a graphic frame

Ian Whitfield whitfield at telkomsa.net
Mon Mar 27 21:06:57 UTC 2017

On 03/27/2017 05:43 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
> On 3/27/17 6:00 AM, Ian Whitfield wrote:

>> How about using Print Screen? - that works for me!!
>
> Hi, Ian,
>
> Print Screen?!?!?!?!  I have hated that tool since I first learned
> about it.  Just too cumbersome a process to use it to get a simple
> screenshot.
>
> Depending on the ultimate need, I either use the Snipping Tool or
> Irfanview, and that's when I'm using Windows.  For just your basic
> screen shot, Macs are easier to get the screen shot.
>
> I fit George Bernard Shaw's definition of an unreasonable person. I'm
> always looking for quicker, easier ways to do the same job. It seems
> most people could care less about looking for something better.  :-(
>
> Simply being able to export a selected frame as a graphic and be done
> is a lot easier that having to accurately drag a rubber band around an
> area, saving, and possibly having to crop later for the accuracy.
>
> When it comes to easier and simpler, Windows seems, to me, to be
> always lagging in this area.  I've never understood this, unless it
> comes from the fact that everyone buys Windows computers, so there's
> no pressure to change.

Hi Ken

I agree being able to click on a graphic and select export would be
easier!! But then again if you are producing the document you have that
graphic in your system already.

If not, I find "Print Screen" works as well as anything. It can't be
more simple - select PS, select "Take Snapshot", mark the area (if
required) and select where to save it - Done!!

Don't know much about Apple products (NOT A FAN) and worked with MS all
my Computer Carer (ALSO NOT A FAN). Can't understand how anyone can use
either of these products when Linux is better, safer and FREE and does
just as much or even more!! But what you say about what people buy is
true. I had people tell me that it is "ILLEGAL" to sell a Computer
without Windows (!!!). It's just MS' way of working - their OEM project
has a lot to do with this. And their move into Schools and Universities
in the early days of Computers (I was there!!!).

BTW - Love your Sig File - know what you mean!!!

IanW
Pretoria RSA