[scribus] Quick route to story editor.

scrib at wexfordpress.com scrib at wexfordpress.com
Wed Mar 15 16:26:56 UTC 2017

 From: "Gregory Pittman" <gpittman at iglou.com>
Sent: Wednesday, March 15, 2017 10:47 AM
To: "Scribus User Mailing List" <scribus at lists.scribus.net>
Subject: Re: [scribus] Quick route to story editor.
 On 03/15/2017 09:46 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 03/14/2017 09:24 PM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
>> On 03/14/2017 06:13 PM, scrib at wexfordpress.com wrote:
>>> I know that at least one of the developers doesn't like the story
editor
>>> but I respectfully disagree. I use nothing else for text.
>>> The latest revision I have (21814) has no icon on the icon bar
allowing
>>> one to draw a text frame with easy access to the story editor.
>>>
>>> So what is the most direct way to create a text frame and then edit
the
>>> frame in the story editor?
>>>
>>> Second question: Is there a way to put the story editor icon on my
icon
>>> bar permanently?
>>>
>>> Third question: Are there plans to eliminate the story editor in the
>>> future?
>>>

>> It may be that with the new icon set you don't recognize it. There is a
>> T with a box around it that is for Edit Contents mode. Just to the
right
>> of it is a T with a vertical line to the right -- that's the new icon
>> for Story Editor.
>>
>> There used to be an item Edit Text in the context menu for text frames
>> that would also open the Story Editor, but now instead there is Content
>>> Edit Contents of Frame, which turns on Edit Contents mode.
>>

> I think it was a mistake to get rid of the context menu method of
> opening the Story Editor. Edit Contents mode can easily be activated by
> double-clicking on the frame, so adding it to the context menu isn't
> quite so necessary.

This is being worked on:

https://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=14673

Greg

 Aha!  It appears that Linux versions differ from Windoze versions. Yes I
recognize the "T|" icon. On my Scribus it only appears on
 a drop down menu. I'll update my Windoze version of 1.5.3 to see what that
shows on the icon bar.

 I write for a general audience. I withdrew my 2009 pdf book on using
Scribus for book covers because a customer complained
 about the diference between my illos and what he saw on his screen. I hope
the look and feel of e.g. 1.5.3 is close to what we will see on 1.6.0.

___
Scribus Mailing List: scribus at lists.scribus.net
Edit your options or unsubscribe:
See also: