[scribus] Quick route to story editor.

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Mar 15 09:03:15 UTC 2017

hi john

> I know that at least one of the developers doesn't like the story editor

could you name him so that we can fire him?

> but I respectfully disagree. I use nothing else for text.

yep, if you only use scribus for covers and use latex for everything
else, that might be ok.

other people also use the story editor for specific tasks.

btw, have you ever tried to work with render frames and type your text
as latex inside of scribus?

>  So what is the most direct way to create a text frame  and then edit the
> frame in the story editor?

click on the frame and then press ctrl-t

>  Second question: Is there a way to put the story editor icon on my icon
> bar permanently?

it's already there. it's a T followed by a cursor bar.

>  Third question: Are there plans to eliminate the story editor in the
> future?

no, not eliminating.
but replacing it with something that can show the formatting as tags
(but no wysiwyg)

have a wonderful day
a.l.e