[scribus] Using the Appimage file version of scribus

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Thu Mar 2 14:15:33 UTC 2017

hi

On 02/03/17 15:02, tomas wrote:
> try drag’n’drop de appimage into terminal and hit ‘enter’
> (I use this method for run Rosa image writer on elementary OS - for same reson, not find the ‘run’ option)
>

>> On 02 Mar 2017, at 15:55, Sveinn í Felli <sv1 at fellsnet.is> wrote:
>>
>> Þann fim  2.mar 2017 10:36, skrifaði Ian Whitfield:
>>> I can not get the AppImage to work on my OpSys, (PClinuxOS 64-bit), as
>>> mentioned before.
>>>
>>> I followed Martin and Ale's method - the AppImage,
>>> (scribus-git51e1f0d-glibc2.14-x86-64.appimage), is executable, I used
>>> chmod for this and the 'Properties' Tab confirms this. I do not find a
>>> 'Run' option when I Right-Click the file name only a 'Run as Root'.
>>> Selecting this does nothing at all.

you don't have to look for a run command in the context menu, but for a
run / execute checkbox in the properties of the file.

how you get there, it depends on the file manager you're using.

dolphin seems to the default for kde, which should be the default for
pclinuxos.

here is the dolphin manual:

https://userbase.kde.org/Dolphin/File_Management

it does not say what is in the context menu or how to set the executable
permission, but looking at a screenshot in google i would say that you
should look for the "Properties" entry in the context menu.

so

- right click on the appimage
- properties
- find the bug that allows you to run or execute the file

 >>> Double-Clicking the file itself
 >>> brings up a Box asking if I want to add this to the Main Menu,
 >>> which I
 >>> accept, but nothing else happens!!

you should not have accepted it, but it's not that important.

if this dialog is shown also after you have set the "executable"
property, it's time to find someone who can give you some local support...

ciao
a.l.e