[scribus] Using the Appimage file version of scribus

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Thu Mar 2 09:15:41 UTC 2017

I have just used my first ever AppImage last week and had similar questions.

Since I tend to make several typos in a line like this "chmod +x
scribus-1.5.2-linux-x86_64.AppImage" and since I can never remember
syntax anyway, I just right-click in some file-explorer and go
"properties" and "access rights" and click to make it executable. Same
thing as Greg was saying.

Then I double click on the AppImage file or right-click and pick "run"
and nothing happens for several seconds. Then the Scribus windows pops
up right-away, no more fancy dialogue, no configuration, just a
ready-to-work Scribus. It was rather a pleasant surprise. (This was on a
very recent OpenSuse, I believe something with 24 or 42 in its name, am
travelling).

hth

Martin

--