[scribus] the new text properties tab

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Wed Jun 7 09:16:01 UTC 2017

Hi list,

I love the fact that I can have the new text properties window always
open and next to the F2 window. Getting used to something new is easy,
if the change is for the better. "It is all in your head..."

Several users have already asked about "missing" elements.

My idea is that either we all read the release notes (haha, why would we
do this, while we have great fellowship on this list?).

Or rather that there could be a static note in the location where the
text-tab used to be in the F2 window: "There is a new window for text
properties; please hit F3 or use the menu > windows".

This would only be needed for 1.5.3 and a few months of 1.5.4svn,
probably not too hard to realize.

==========

Minor observation: I have finally talked my wife into trying 1.5.3; so
she did a clean fresh install next to her trusted 1.4.6. When she tried
the default F3 for the text-properties window, nothing happened.

Then we almost had a fight, because I told her it was F4 and not F3.
With hindsight I believe the F3 did also not work on my computer
(Windows 10 Pro) and I must have changed it to F4 several months ago,
when I started testing the 1.5.3svn.

So before we promote the new text properties window, more users should
test whether F3 does work or not work, and if there is a problem, the
default could be changed by the developers.

All for now, thanks,

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin