[scribus] we had a bug

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Mon Jun 5 16:37:06 UTC 2017

summary: Where can I find the freshest 1.5.4svn for Windows 64 please?

for users who want the background:

Dear list,

do you know the feeling?: I have a problem and I wonder what I have done
wrong. I was showing Scribus to a new (potential) user and we did a
simple sample page with headline, photos, text, text flowing around photo...

She managed to make the new 1.5.3 crash - something I have not managed
in months. A copy of that project also crashed on my own computer.
Finally all my local testing did not help and I filed a bug report.

And jghali fixed it over the week-end even!! Awesome. In the bug tracker
I could not find a feature where we can "love" him or tick "thank you",
so appreciation via this list. (And I was relieved that I did not get a
rtfm.)

Now I guess this means that I will start moving from the still brand new
and hot 1.5.3 to the next 1.5.4svn - where there is a fix for our
document, if I understand the Mantis-information right.

I went to the Sourceforge place where I used to download all the last
1.5.3svn snapshots for Windows 64bit, but I can so far only see a
snapshot.dmg which is an image for iOS?

Sorry if I am just not patient enough. If we need to wait and let our
developers rest from the 1.5.3, that would be fine. But if there are
fresh snapshots of 1.5.4, maybe in a new location, please advise.

Also maybe you would like to give us a bit of prose about the way
development is working. Maybe there will be several months, where
1.5.4svn is so raw that normal "pedestrian" users are discouraged from
using it... Or other useful things to know...

Thanks and greetings,

Martin

--
ZASKE Martin