[scribus] TEXTRA ?

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Tue Jul 4 14:53:53 UTC 2017

> On 4 Jul 2017, at 16:44, Hadmut Danisch <hadmut at danisch.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> user question about using scribus:
>
> In one of the example templates that come with scribus (ubuntu package
> scribus-template) there's an example called Newsletter_Wavestyle.sla,
> which comes with headlines that have a small line *above* the text
> (opposite of underlining).
>

> I found that in the XML file that is controlled via the TEXTRA
> attribute, i.e. in that particular example the values are
>
> <PAGEOBJECT ... EXTRA="0" TEXTRA="2.8" BEXTRA="0" REXTRA="0" ...
>                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^
>

> which control the extra lines above, leftof, rightof, below the box.
>

> However, I could not find where in the GUI of scribus one can set this
> value. How would I set this through scribus (instead of a text editor
> editing xml)?
>

> thanks and regards
> Hadmut

Hi

here’s the code:

scribus/plugins/fileloader/scribus150format/scribus150format_save.cpp:		docu.writeAttribute("EXTRA",item->textToFrameDistLeft());
scribus/plugins/fileloader/scribus150format/scribus150format_save.cpp:		docu.writeAttribute("TEXTRA",item->textToFrameDistTop());
scribus/plugins/fileloader/scribus150format/scribus150format_save.cpp:		docu.writeAttribute("BEXTRA",item->textToFrameDistBottom());
scribus/plugins/fileloader/scribus150format/scribus150format_save.cpp:		docu.writeAttribute("REXTRA",item->textToFrameDistRight());

Its the text to frame distance left, top, bottom and right.

Craig