[scribus] Scribus 1.5.3 - Style Dialog too big

Craig Bradney cbradney at scribus.info
Mon Jan 30 23:03:05 UTC 2017

> On 30 Jan 2017, at 01:23, Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com> wrote:
>
> On 01/29/2017 06:01 PM, Doug Hutcheson wrote:
>>
>> On Sun, 2017-01-29 at 12:00 +0000, scribus-request at lists.scribus.net
>> wrote:
>>> Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 12:53:07 +0100
>>> From: Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info>
>>> Subject: Re: [scribus] Scribus 1.5.3 - Style Dialog too big

>> On 29 Jan 2017, at 12:03 pm, ale rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:
>>
>> hi doug
>>

>> Here is a workaround to try: hold down Alt while click-dragging with
>> the
>> left mouse button. Should work on most systems.
>>

>> Thanks for the thought, Greg, but it doesn't work on my system (Fedora
>> 25 / Gnome 3). I tried every combination of Alt, Ctrl and Shift to no
>> avail. Never mind, it is a small wrinkle that I'm sure will be fixed
>> in the full release.
>>

> Hmm. I tried it on Fedora 24 with Gnome and it worked as well as with
> KDE. What I'm talking about is holding the Alt key down, then click and
> drag from anywhere in the dialog/window you want to move.

On OSX I can resize it to 697x768.. of course it is resizable and does go bigger.
I can only gain very small amounts of pixels with a limited redesign. A more comprehensive one would be required taking into logic and workflow to get it much smaller. 768 is really just  bit too narrow vertically to include desktop decorations like a menu bar and then expect an app to fit all the required settings in too.

Craig