[scribus] Question - Exception Stack Overflow

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Jan 30 00:20:52 UTC 2017

On 01/29/2017 04:11 PM, Birgitte Jannerup wrote:
> Hi
>

> Well, that's just the thing.
>

> First of all, I don't understand why Scribus can import Word text with more than 300 pages on my other computer and NOT on the other computer.
>

> Secondly, I can't carve down as the document is a translated novel for publishing.
>

> Thirdly, I have tried importing the text in both Libre Office and Open Office and the same thing happens.
>
> By the way, what do you mean by "save as plain text"?

If it's different on two similar computers, then it must not be a
Scribus problem.
I'm just trying to give you workarounds.
Plain text is text without any formatting, typically a file ending in
.txt is a plain text file.
By carving down your document I only meant to break it into pieces that
you can work with. In some cases, people have had to break a large
document into parts, export to PDF, then join the PDFs together afterward.

Greg