[scribus] Scribus 1.5.3 - Style Dialog too big

Doug Hutcheson owlbrudder at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 23:01:08 UTC 2017

On Sun, 2017-01-29 at 12:00 +0000, scribus-request at lists.scribus.net
wrote:
> Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2017 12:53:07 +0100
> From: Craig Bradney <cbradney at scribus.info>
> Subject: Re: [scribus] Scribus 1.5.3 - Style Dialog too big

On 29 Jan 2017, at 12:03 pm, ale rimoldi <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:

hi doug

Here is a workaround to try: hold down Alt while click-dragging with
the
left mouse button. Should work on most systems.

Thanks for the thought, Greg, but it doesn't work on my system (Fedora
25 / Gnome 3). I tried every combination of Alt, Ctrl and Shift to no
avail. Never mind, it is a small wrinkle that I'm sure will be fixed
in the full release.

on linux desktops that are "correctly" setup it's probably the windows
key (on even better systems it's the key with a penguin on it... but
those setups are very rare : - )

> What resolution is the screen?
> We have no plans to make the style dialog smaller (certainly not for 1.5.3).
>
> Craig

Hi Craig.

Resolution is 1366*768

All I need in the released version is a resizable dialog. The current
size is a show-stopper for me. I can resize other dialogs on my system,
so this problem is a puzzle. I will keep digging to see if it is
something odd about Fedora 25, but if it can be fixed from your end it
would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Doug