[scribus] Two sided document with different formats

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sun Jan 29 18:31:22 UTC 2017

On 01/29/2017 10:11 AM, Dennis Burton wrote:
> Hi there.
> I am new to Scribus and I can not as yet find a way to print a two sided
> document where one side is in Portrait format and the other in Landscape.
> When I create the document in Scribus it appears to be OK but it then
> prints out both sides in the same format.
> Could the problem be with my printer? I have an Epson Stylus Photo
> PX720WD which is capable of "two sided" printing.
> I am very much a Layman in this subject and will only ever require a
> very small percentage of what Scribus has to offer, but it would be nice
> to overcome this problem.

As Owen says, the best way for this I think is to rotate the content of
your page. There is a certain trickiness to landscape orientation and
landscape printing in Scribus.

On Fedora, I have to use an alternative print command. If I orient the
page in Landscape, I then want to print Portrait for this to come out in
landscape mode.

For Fedora at least, I use 'lpr -P printername'

to print landscape I would have to enter 'lpr -P printername -o landscape'

Greg