[scribus] Image to frame "spacing"

Ken Springer snowshed1 at q.com
Wed Jan 25 15:07:37 UTC 2017

On 1/21/17 5:29 PM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 01/21/2017 07:17 PM, Ken Springer wrote:
>> On 1/21/17 4:15 PM, Ian Whitfield wrote:
>>> A quick workround is to add a text frame over the top of your image and
>>> control the margins with this. It is quick and easy and works well.
>>>
>>> I have tried the so called "correct" way to do it with contour lines but
>>> it is too messy for me and in fact I can't get it to work correctly at
>>> all!!
>>>
>>> Why the two types of Frames work differently has never made sense to me!!
>>
>> Hi, Ian,
>>
>> I'm guessing you may have misinterpreted my intent also.  :-)
>>
>> I want to control image size inside an image frame.  And just as I wrote
>> the previous sentence, I'm thinking I may know a way, possible some kind
>> of scaling.  I need to go check that out.
>>
>> I'm not having any problem controlling text flow around an image frame
>> using the contour lines.  I haven't had time to experiment with the
>> other 3 options for this.
>>

> You can do this by adjusting the scaling, but there are no measurements
> to help you -- you just "eyeball it".

Hi, Greg,

Sorry for the late reply, other life activities took priority.  LOL

Scaling did what I was looking for, and I got things more or less
centered.  <G>

It would be nice if, in a future version of Scrbus, the ability to
automatically center the newly scaled image vertically and horizontally
in the frame would be convenient.  Along with next to each edge of the
frame.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6