[scribus] Image to frame "spacing"

Ken Springer snowshed1 at q.com
Sun Jan 22 00:10:49 UTC 2017

On 1/21/17 2:41 PM, Peter Nermander wrote:
>> How can you simulate the same effect in an image frame.  I didn't see
>> anything in Properties or the menus that will let me do this.
>>

> I think what you are looking for is the contour line. You can expand the
> contour line to add a margin outside the image frame. It's the backwards
> from what you are asking for, but the effekt will be the same.

Hi, Peter,

Uh-h-h-h-h, no.  LOL

I'm already using the contour line to run text around the outside of the
frame.  I'm not trying to control any text.

I'm trying to control the image size inside the image frame, the text
control comment is just a mention that I can control how close text in a
text frame can go to the text frame boundaries.  I want to control how
close the image in an image frame can go to the image frame boundaries.

Using numbers just for an example...

Let's say I have an image frame that is 2 X 4.  And I want to insert an
image of the same aspect ration.  But...  I want the image boundaries to
be 1/8 inch from the frame boundaries on all sides.  So I need to limit
the size of the image to 1.75 X 3.75 and centered in the frame.

I can accomplish this effect by modifying the image, but that seems to
me to be extra work that shouldn't be necessary.  Especially if I want
to change the distance between the image and the frame.

If it can't be done in Scribus now, I think it would be a good thing for
the list of desired features.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6