[scribus] Image to frame "spacing"

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Sat Jan 21 23:54:51 UTC 2017

On 01/21/2017 06:15 PM, Ian Whitfield wrote:
> A quick workround is to add a text frame over the top of your image and
> control the margins with this. It is quick and easy and works well.
>
> I have tried the so called "correct" way to do it with contour lines but
> it is too messy for me and in fact I can't get it to work correctly at
> all!!

The problem comes down to what you're trying to do. Do you want to show
a border of the frame and have white space between it and the image? Are
you just trying to do some sort of Text Flow?

Try this:

Make a copy of the image frame: Select Multiple Duplicate (Item >
Duplicate/Transform > Multiple Duplicate).

Stay with the By Number of Copies tab, and only one copy, no shift.
Click OK.

You have now created a copy directly over the original. Delete its
image, then push it to a level below the original.

Now select the original, and in the Shape tab of Properties select Edit,
where you have the choice of reducing the size of the frame by
percentage or absolute amount, both adjustable. Reduce the size as
desired, click OK.

Set your Text Flow as needed for the larger empty frame.

Greg