[scribus] Consistent spaces between objects/items

Jonas Nilsson imperativejonas at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 11:06:17 UTC 2017

Hi all!

Designing DTP content I often struggle to get consistency of spaces.

Let's say, for (maybe a bad) example, that I have a heading text frame, a
line below and below that line a body text frame.

   - I want the space between the heading text frame and the line to be x
   units.
   - I want the space between the line and the body text frame to be y
   units.
   - Other times I use that heading I want the same spaces between the
   different objects/items.

Let's collect some best practices! How would you do this?

Often you can use contour lines when text is involved. I's more problematic
with graphical elements, though.

I'm thinking optional margins outside of the objects/items that you can
choose to snap to. What do you think?

//Jonas