[scribus] Scribus now ready for our language

ZASKE Martin zm at revue-gugu.org
Wed Jan 11 19:06:54 UTC 2017

Now that Scribus is finally ready to handle our language (called Anii,
code BLO) I begin to wonder again, how we could manage to have our own
spell-checker (also based on Hunspell) working in Scribus.

In our work-flow we prepare all texts and check them before they ever go
into Scribus. But during the layout and proof-reading and maybe
shortening of certain articles mistakes sometimes happen. And it would
be great, if we could just run a final spell-check before exporting to PDF.

Somebody on this list offered to include our language a few years back
but possibly got the code wrong or never found time, it is "blo" and "no
country". There is no written difference between the Anii in Togo and
that in Benin.

The Anii people is small, just maybe 50.000+ people but all (!) Anii
publications are being done through Scribus. So I wonder whether we
could have this included, maybe in the "available for download" category.

But then our Hunspell dictionary is still being extended every month -
and I do not know how much work it is for the Scribus team to put fresh
versions on the download server.

Is it possible to have one version there now (some 6600 correct
word-forms) and users can later hack fresher copies into their
/share/dicts/spelling folder ?

thank and greetings,

Martin