[scribus] 1.5.3

Ian Whitfield whitfield at telkomsa.net
Tue Jan 10 14:01:02 UTC 2017

On 01/09/2017 04:19 PM, ale rimoldi wrote:
> hi
>

>> So reminder: If you want many many more users for testing (and singing
>> praises to the developers) please consider providing some installation
>> files.
>
> kunda worked hard to get exes and appimages to happen and...
> mattia has been baking PPAs for a few years now!
>

>> (For me Windows 10 pro 64bit would be most convenient, but Ubuntu
>> would also be interesting.) Please.
>
> here they are:
>

> for windows and mac:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/scribus/files/scribus-svn/1.5.3.svn/
>
> for ubuntu:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~scribus/+archive/ubuntu/ppa
>
> for most linuxes:
>
> https://bintray.com/probono/AppImages/Scribus
>

> and many thanks to everybody who is working for providing those files!
>
> ciao
> a.l.e
>
> ___
Thanks a.l.e.

I agree with the OP _very much_ as I'm a full-time user of Scribus for
some time now and want to try/test the new version.
However my Linux "flavour", (PClinuxOS 64-bit), only has 1.4.6 available
and will not up-date the Repo until Scribus is "stable"!!

Therefore I was very interested in your post above. But I don't seem to
find and/or understand how to use this AppImage and the site you pointed
to informs me they only Host the files and I must contact the Owner of
the files for this information.

As I'm unable to pick-up an eMail address for the File Owner can you let
me have it if you have or can you help out on how to use this/these
files please??

Last question - If I manage to get the latest version installed on my
machine will it run along side the older 1.4.6??

Thanks a lot

IanW
Pretoria RSA