[scribus] designing instructional posters on code/programming -- lots of syntax highlighting

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Fri Jan 6 14:56:55 UTC 2017

On 01/06/2017 05:05 AM, Lars Behrens wrote:
> Am 05.01.2017 um 19:28 schrieb Alec Hill:
>
>> 'Method A' of copy-paste from browser into Writer and saving as odt works
>> quite well enough :)
>
> Fine.
>
> Just fyi, I did a very quick test with the 'listings' package and the
> LaTeX-method works here (Ubuntu 14.04). The big advantage is that one
> can edit right inside of Scribus and does not have to go via several
> applications.
>
> So in the future it might be worth a try.

Great Lars!

Maybe you might explain the process so that we might have something on
the wiki about this. Having done a few things with Render frames, I know
from experience it's not as easy as it would seem at first. You have the
learning curve for LaTeX, and then its peculiarities in Render frames.

Greg