[scribus] Aligning frames

Ken Springer snowshed1 at q.com
Wed Jan 4 23:48:02 UTC 2017

On 1/4/17 12:42 PM, Peter Nermander wrote:
> If you want people to switch, you have to be as good or *better* than the
>> program that's being replaced.
>>

> Why would anyone want people to switch to Scribus? Nobody is making money
> on people using Scribus, nobody gains anything from more users using
> Scribus. Developers work for free on their own spare time, why would they
> want more users with more demands? :)

<G>  Because if you are in business, you want to keep costs to a
minimum.  And there's a growing number of people who would buy CS
whatever, but they don't like the subscription model at all.

You also gain a reputation.  That reputation can be good or bad.  You
can write books, you could sell small help books on Amazon, and probably
a number of other related things that can done in order to generate some
income.

I'll bet Greg and Christoph wouldn't mind selling more Scribus books if
there are more users.  LOL
https://www.amazon.com/Scribus-Open-Source-Publishing-Christoph-Sch%C3%A4fer/dp/0956078001

> Switch to Scribus if you like it, use something else if you don't like
> Scribus. Or help coding the features you want, if you can. Or pay someone
> to do the coding if you really want the features. That's the world of open
> source.

As I mentioned at least twice, I don't have the skills for coding.  I
learned many, many years ago, when I took a community college course on
programming in the Basic language, that was not a job field for me.  LOL

One of my reasons for the suggestions to Scribus is I would like to see
easier to use software for the Linux platform.  Speaking for myself, I'm
d@@ned tired of the two big elephants in the room basically telling
people how they will use and what they will buy for computers.

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6