[scribus] Text flow around a frame

Ken Springer snowshed1 at q.com
Mon Jan 2 18:37:56 UTC 2017

On 1/2/17 10:57 AM, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> On 01/02/2017 11:29 AM, Ken Springer wrote:
>>>>

>>> There are two somewhat related things you can do, depending on your
>>> needs.
>>> There is text flow around frame, found in the Shape tab, and after
>>> setting this, you might edit the Contour Line of the frame. This will
>>> create a space between the frame and some other text frame behind it.
>>
>> This works fine unless you have a fill applied to the frame.  The fill
>> will expand to the contour line, it's not restrained to the dimensions
>> of the original frame.
>>

> This is not true. I just did this and the fill did not expand to the
> contour line space. Make sure you check Edit Contour Line in the shape
> editing dialog.
>
> Greg

AHA!!  Thanks, Greg, I had the impression from the help file all I had
to do was grab the nodes of frame.

I have to say, this feature could be made easier to accomplish.  And, I
would put the check box for editing the contour line at the top of the
dialogue, as I had missed it.  The help file could be improved too.

Maybe there's a developer of Scribus who will read the above comment.  <G>

--
Ken
Mac OS X 10.11.6