[scribus] Text flow around a frame

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Jan 2 15:05:34 UTC 2017

On 01/02/2017 09:17 AM, Ian Whitfield wrote:
> *Hi Ken*
>
> Am I missing something here!!??
>
> I use Scribus, (several years now), currently 1.4.6, (because my Linux
> distro will not up-date until a "stable" version is produced!!), and I
> produce a monthly +/- 60 page Journal each month. My publication has
> lots of Text Boxes and Image Boxes in it. To control the Text Box
> margins I go to 'Text' > 'Columns and Text Distances' and this works 100%.
>
> My big gripe is the Image Boxes - to put a gap in between the Image and
> the Text there seems to be no equivalent like for the Text Box so my
> "work-round" is to put a Text Box on top of the Image Box and re-size it
> to give me the margin I want.

This is actually not true. Look at Working with Frames in the online
manual at the bottom. In the Shape tab, select Text Flow around Frame -
Use Contour Line, then edit the contour line, by clicking Edit in the
Shape tab. There are settings to enlarge the whole contour line by jumps
of percentage or points.

Greg