[scribus] Font substitution

Jean Ghali jghali at libertysurf.fr
Tue Feb 21 18:58:56 UTC 2017

Le 21/02/2017 à 15:48, ale rimoldi a écrit :

> On 21/02/17 15:43, Gregory Pittman wrote:
>> On 02/21/2017 08:47 AM, ale rimoldi wrote:
>>
>>> as far as i know, the problem is related to a library used by scribus.
>>>
>>> there is a specific version of that library that has issues with dejavu.
>>> and if it's that version that is installed on your system you're out of
>>> luck.
>>> (last time i've checked i was out of luck on my laptop...)
>>>
>>> scribus executables that are delivered with their own libraries in the
>>> package (windows, os x) are (afaik) not affected by this issue.
>>>
>>> but, this is the way the linux world works... so: nothing scribus can do
>>> here...
>>>
>>> ah, and the bug has already been fixed... you just have to wait for the
>>> new version making its way to your computer :-)
>>>

>> What library is this?
>
> probably fontconfig or freetype... if i knew it, i would have wrote the name :-)

The problematic library is freetype. Version from 2.6.0 to 2.6.3 are affected by a bug
which prevent us to load outlines of some glyphs with DejaVu font (and others). Freetype
2.6.3 is the version shipped noticeably by Ubuntu 16.04 and 16.10. Freetype 2.6.5 contains
a fix for this issue. Don't remember if 2.6.4 was already containing the fix or not.

Jean