[scribus] Changing the sections in document-preferences changes the orientation of page-numbers

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Feb 21 09:43:10 UTC 2017

On 21/02/17 10:35, Albrecht Will wrote:
> Hi, if I create pagenumbers for the masterpages and there is only one section,
> then the numbers are well arranged in the middle.
>
> But I don't want a number at page 1, so I create a second section. I set page
> 1 to unvisible and let start the numbers at page 2 with 2.
> The result is: page 1 without number, page 2 - end shows the numbers right up
> in the frame.
> nearly silly!

you're probably  close to do it right... hard to say what you are doing
wrong.

you should probably tell us what exactly you want to achieve.

this is a "normal" document with one section and one master page:

|       |
|       |
|       |
|   1   |

|       |
|       |
|       |
|   2   |

|       |
|       |
|       |
|   3   |

|       |
|       |
|       |
|   4   |

|       |
|       |
|       |
|   5   |

for this you need two master pages (one with and one without page
numbers) and two sections, the second one starting from 1

|       |
|       |
|       |
|       |

|       |
|       |
|       |
|   1   |

|       |
|       |
|       |
|   2   |

|       |
|       |
|       |
|   3   |

|       |
|       |
|       |
|   4   |

|       |
|       |
|       |
|   5   |

for this one you need two master pages and one section (the default one):

|       |
|       |
|       |
|       |

|       |
|       |
|       |
|   2   |

|       |
|       |
|       |
|   3   |

|       |
|       |
|       |
|   4   |

|       |
|       |
|       |
|   5   |

you will have to double the number of master pages if you have facing
pages...

all of them are pretty straightforward to create...

ciao
a.l.e