[scribus] Dot Gain

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Wed Feb 8 00:16:56 UTC 2017

On 02/07/2017 04:32 PM, David Burleigh wrote:
> Do you mean modifying the pdf before burning the plate? Somehow in
> InDesign there is a provision for compensating for the expected dot
> gain. I've never used InDesign, and never will, but the co-workers I'm
> trying to win over to Scribus see this lack of pre-press features as a
> fatal flaw.

Try this:

In Document Settings, look at the PDF Export tab. Under the Color tab,
select Printer for Output. Now you should have access to Custom
Rendering farther down the tab - check Use Custom Rendering, and its
settings will be available. For reducing dot gain, you probably want to
reduce the Frequency setting (how much, I don't know), but perhaps leave
the other settings unchanged.

Greg