[scribus] Fwd: Re: Wieder zurück mit Problemen

ale rimoldi ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Tue Feb 7 08:43:12 UTC 2017

On 06/02/17 22:16, Gregory Pittman wrote:

> [...]

At this point you might guess, why i suggested you, not to use the
current TOC system.

Personally, I don't know of anybody who used it.
Some have tried.

You will have to retype each title in a popup and all you get is the
current page of the frame where the title is in.
Of course, you're not allowed to have two titles in the same frame.

As I told you, you will be faster by typing the TOC yourself.

And, generally speaking, even if Scribus has got much better, it's IMO
not yet 100% ready for documents where manually compiling a TOC is not
practical.
With just a bit of luck 1.6 will.

You're doing pioneer work and it's nice to see you filling bug reports
when you notice that things do not work!

Ciao
a.l.e

p.s.: If you're wondering, yes, I know how the current TOC works and
asked the team to remove it from Scribus. It's an anti-feature: people
who discover it, lose time trying to learn it; and are disappointed when
they find out how it does (not) work; we lose time explaining how to use
it or why not to use it.
A lose lose situation!