[scribus] Fwd: Re: Wieder zurück mit Problemen

Gregory Pittman gpittman at iglou.com
Mon Feb 6 21:16:50 UTC 2017

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [scribus] Wieder zurück mit Problemen
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2017 15:47:33 -0500
From: Gregory Pittman <gpittman at iglou.com>
To: Albrecht Will <albrecht.will at online.de>

On 02/06/2017 10:27 AM, Albrecht Will wrote:
> Am Montag, 6. Februar 2017, 09:47:09 CET schrieben Sie:
>> On 02/06/2017 12:22 AM, Albrecht Will wrote:
>>> Hi Greg,
>>> thanks for your answer. It was the second respond to my question. Your
>>> hint is yet wellknown.
>>> The first respond asked me to unsubcribe from the list. I will do this
>>> with
>>> respect. Thanks
>>
>> That wasn't directed to you. So, are you still having trouble with TOC?
>> What isn't working right?
>>
>> Greg
>
> In the german forum I got the advice, not to work with TOC until its
> rewritten. Now I wait for an hint, how to do TOCs effectively.

Playing with this a bit, and also checking the wiki page, the wiki is
decidedly cryptic.

Probably the first step you should do is to go to Document Setup >
Document Item Attributes. There, create an attribute and name it TOC, or
whatever you like. Click OK.
Now, when you go to Document Setup > Tables of Contents, you should be
able to add a new one, and find your name (TOC) in the drop down list;
choose that. Filling in other attributes is optional at this point.
Choose the Destination Frame you want your TOC to be in - it needs to
already exist. Choose a Paragraph Style if you want. Click OK.
Now go to one or more frames with content, and from the context menu
select Attributes. Under the drop down list for Name you should now find
TOC, select that. Under Value put in what you want to show up in the
table of contents. Click OK.

At this point you should be able to select Extras > Generate Table of
Contents, and get some results in the frame you chose for the TOC.

Let me know if you get stuck somewhere.

Greg